Hi everyone! So, I don’t do a lot of cooking - but one thing I do love to make is a sausage casserole. My fiancé says this is because it's the only thing I can cook, but this isn’t true I promise.. I also make a mean tea and toast!
Growing up, I remember always returning home after playing football (which was all I did), and trying to guess what was cooking by the smell coming from the kitchen. I could be wrong here, but anytime it was cold and wet I always seem to remember that this would the smell of a sausage casserole. There was no better meal to come home to when I was hungry and tired.
I loved it then, but I think I love it even more now! It's so quick and easy, but absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (makes 4 servings)
1 Onion, chopped
1 Garlic clove, crushed
4 Large potatoes, cut into quarters
4 Carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1 Pack of our Lorne Style Sausage, diced
400g Can of chopped tomatoes
400ml Vegetable stock
1-2 Bay leaves
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Paprika
WHAT TO DO
1. First of all, boil the potatoes and carrots to soften them a bit - simmer for about 30mins, then drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot, then add the diced onions and cook until slightly soft. Add the garlic and paprika, then cook for another minute.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, stock and the bay leaves. Bring to a simmer.
4. Add the sausages to the casserole and simmer for about 15 mins.
5. Transfer everything, including the potatoes and carrots, to a suitable oven casserole dish and cook uncovered for 45 mins at 180C /160C Fan / Gas 4
6. Once ready, serve with mashed potatoes if desired - however, I like mine on its own with some buttered crusty baguette for dipping.. I'm getting hungry!